Personal Information We Collect
We collect information from you directly which includes: (1) from your input through our websites, through web forms, app forms, and other mechanisms, but also from other sources such as (2) from third-party sources, and (3) through automated processes and technologies. We want
About The Data You Provide To Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you is dependant on how you interact with us and which product you are interested in. This would heavily depend on what Service we are providing the types of data we collect include:
- Contact details, such as your name, social media information, phone number, email address and/or contact number;
- Account login credentials – such as usernames and passwords. This includes password hints or other regular security information for logins;
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card number and including billing address;
- Comments, feedback, and other information you provide to us. This includes information that you send to any customer support lines other information that you wish us to share with us. Or something you put on one of our websites or channels;
- Interests and communication preferences, including interest sign-ups on our websites, any feedback, a preferred method that we communicate, and preferred language.
Data We Get From Other Sources
We may also get personal information from or about you from one of our group companies and third parties which includes:
- Service providers, these partners help us determine a location based on your IP address. This helps us customize products that you’ll be interested in by your location;
- Service providers or partners that we offer co-branded products with. We may also engage in joint marketing efforts and activities; and/or
- Public sources and/or data suppliers from which we get data from. This may be to supplement the information we already hold for various reasons or it may be to inform product development for another Service.
Data We Gather From Service Use
Our Service may automatically collect information about you, your device, and how you interact with the Service, including:
- Computer, device, browser and connection information. This will include things such as your IP address, browser type (Chrome, Firefox, Bing, etc) and internet operating system. This may include platform and other software installed on your device, unique device identifier, and other technical identifiers. This includes performance data and error reports from your device;
- Usage data. This is the information we collect when you are using the Service, such as the features you interacted with, the settings you selected, your URL clickstream data. This may include date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited when using the Service; and/or
- location-aware Services. Your location, such as where your IP address is registered.
How We Use The Information
When you interact with any app, website or product, depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we use your personal information to:
- Process and fulfill any requests, product orders, download requests, transaction or interactions requiring action on our end;
- Manage, activate and access your account and use of the Service;
- Provide product support, customer service support and to help keep the Service working, safely and securely;
- Improve the service by receiving customer feedback to improve the Service and our other products and services. This helps us to develop new products, services, and benefits to those who use our Services;
- Offer personalized content to make the Service more relevant to your interests, preferences and geographical location;
- Respond to requests, comments, changes to your preferences and customer service inquiries;
- Notify you about updates, changes, and other announcements related to the Service. This may include notifying you of our other Services;
- Show you targeted advertisements, promotional material, notices and other information about the Service and your interests;
- Provide you with promotional material and other information about products and services of ours. This may include information about our affiliates and third parties. Including; sponsors and media partners;
- Invite you to participate in surveys, quizzes, sweepstakes, competitions, and other similar promotions or contests;
- Identify and analyze usage trends and develop data analysis. This is including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How We Share Your Information
Our Service Providers
Depending on the Service provided, we share personal information with:
- Our internal brands, websites, divisions, affiliates, trading names and divisions within the Olcan group of companies worldwide (for a list, click here). This may include partners and companies that provide technology, customer service, and other shared services functions; and/or
- Our service providers, sales agents, suppliers, and representatives, including but not limited to, payment processors, app platforms, onsite event contractors, customer support, email service providers, IT service providers, mailing houses and shipping agents,
Your Choices About Data and the Olcan Group
We share your personal information with our other Service providers, media partners, joint venture partners, and other third parties. This also includes partners we are acting as an agent, licensee or partner that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices in managing your communications preferences and other settings.
The Service may let you post and share personal information, comments, materials, and other content. Any such contributions you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexed by search engines, and might not be able to be removed. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in public areas of our site.
We will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; and/or
- protect the rights, property or safety of Olcan, our users, employees or others;
and as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets or an acquisition by or a merger with another company.
Your Communications Preferences
You can let us known how you would like us to communicate with you when you register with the Service that you’re using. You can update your account features, your preferences, customize and manage your preferences and settings when you enter your information or when you interact with the Service. You can ‘opt-out’ or unsubscribe from our email communication or through other mechanisms provided within the communications that you receive. Alternatively, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “update communication preferences” and we will manage your preferences that way. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
The Service may allow registered users to directly access and review their account information and make corrections or updates at any time. Keeping such information up to date is solely the responsibility of the user. Registered users may also close their accounts directly through the Service or by contacting the Service’s customer support.
You may have the right under European and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to request free of charge:
- access to and correction or deletion of your personal information;
- restriction of our processing of your personal information, or to object to our processing; and
- portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the contact address provided below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfill the transaction/s you have requested. We also hold data for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, making sure we are able to reply to data requests from authorities, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements between suppliers and customers.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 or target the Service to children under 13. If you have any information on the fact we are breaching this policy then please contact email@example.com.
We take precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction through the use of appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Locations of Processing
Your personal information may be stored and processed in your region or another country where Olcan affiliates and their service providers maintain servers and facilities, including Australia, Austria, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, the Philippines, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and the United States. We take steps, including through contracts, intended to ensure that the information continues to be protected wherever it is located in a manner consistent with the standards of protection required under applicable law.
Where personal information is transferred from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland to a country that has not received an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we rely on appropriate safeguards, such as the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses and EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, to transfer the data and make sure we abide by the set rules and regulations set out by them.
Grounds for Processing
When we collect from you any personal information on any Site or Service within the Olcan Group and within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so:
- by providing the Service, fulfill a transaction or otherwise perform a contract with you or at your request prior to entering into a contract with any of the brands, Sites or Services;
- where necessary for our compliance with applicable law or other legal obligation;
- where applicable, with your consent; and/or
- as necessary to operate our business, protect the security of our operating systems, customers, and users, detect or prevent fraud, comply with the data protection laws, enable our customers to comply with legal obligations, or fulfill our other legitimate interests as described in the “Information We Collect”, ”How We Use Your Information” and “Sharing of Your Information” clauses above, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing. You may also request any data we may hold of you on the below section labelled “Contact.”
Resources & further Information for research and personal education
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
- Fillable PDF Forms Creation
We have data protection personnel as well as a commitment and responsibility to process data requests in a timely manner. The data protection representative for our businesses that are processing personal data within the scope of European data protection laws and established outside of the EEA and Switzerland is Olcan Group, 6 Wathem Road, Dorking, RH41JU.